Welcome to Stéganô’s documentation!¶
Stéganô is a Python steganography module. Steganography is the art and science of writing hidden messages in such a way that no one, apart from the sender and intended recipient, suspects the existence of the message, a form of security through obscurity. Consequently, functions provided by Stéganô only hide message, without encryption. Indeed steganography is often used with cryptography.
Methods of hiding¶
For the moment, Stéganô implements these methods of hiding:
- using the red portion of a pixel to hide ASCII messages;
- using the Least Significant Bit (LSB) technique;
- using the LSB technique with sets based on generators (Sieve for Eratosthenes, Fermat, Mersenne numbers, etc.);
- using the description field of the image (JPEG).
Moreover some methods of steganalysis are provided:
- steganalysis of LSB encoding in color images;
- statistical steganalysis.
If you wish and if you like Stéganô, you can donate via bitcoin. My bitcoin address: 1GVmhR9fbBeEh7rP1qNq76jWArDdDQ3otZ